Growing inequality – a threat to peace and security?
Income inequality has risen sharply since the 1970s in most advanced economies around the world and has been blamed for increasingly polarised politics. Political violence, conflict, and inequality are closely related. Greater equality is needed for peace.
25 October 13.00 – 14.30 (Central European Time)
- Adolfo Pérez Esquivel, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, Architect, Artist and Activist
- Martha E. Newton, ILO Deputy Director-General for Policy
- Gabriela Bucher, Executive Director Oxfam International
- Agnès Callamard, Secretary General Amnesty
- Omar Faruk Osman, General Secretary, Federation of Somali Trade Unions (FESTU)
Anna Fendley, Common Security 2022 Commissioner, United Steel Workers USA, ITUC Youth Committee President
Alex Praça, ITUC